Eco Friendly Initiatives @ ‘Eleven'
At Eleven we are committed to making our planet green. It is our endeavor to reduce our carbon footprint to the absolute minimum. We believe and follow the saying – Save the planet today and survive tomorrow.
Here are the steps we follow towards this end:
• A letter is placed in a welcome folder in each room requesting guests to conserve water and electricity in different ways.
• We use energy saving CFL bulbs in all our light points / lamps.
• We avoid the use of plastic bags as much as possible.
• We have put individual hot water boilers in each bathroom as opposed to putting one big boiler for the whole house which uses up more energy.
• We try to buy locally produced fruits and vegetables as much as possible - this reduces the use of fuel in transportation.
• We do not use plastic flower pots on our premises - all our flower pots are made of terra cotta even though they are more expensive and keep breaking at regular intervals.
• Use recycled paper for everyday use as much as possible.
• We are in the process of getting a rain water harvesting pit built at Eleven.
• Also in the pipeline is a gray water recyling system.